Pre-Departure Disney World Cruise Tips
Alas, it could be a disastrous holiday when you’re not well prepared. Imagine, you’re at ocean, a long way from continent. I know..I know, you would say that cast members will provide everything you need. Yet, how about your special needs? Such as special medicine or else. They probably provides general medicine only, perhaps it’s just not suits you.
Before you get trapped in an annoying phase, read these Pre-Departure Disney World Cruise Tips. I hope it’s helpful for you :) :
- If you are prone to motion sickness, consult your doctor immediately to request any medicines you should bring, such as Dramamine and patches.
- If you have any ongoing medical condition, ask your doctor to write a brief medical history and bring it along with you. Also, if you are still in medication, bring enough medicine along during your travel. The cruise only provides general medicines.
- Verify all the information of Disney World Cruise right away after you receive a cruise document package. It seems trivial, but it will cause you a lot of trouble if there is an incorrect small thing there.
- Leave the ship’s contact information and itinerary schedule with your family member back home, in case of emergency.
- Check-in and security procedures can be involved. Be sure to arrive at the embarkation area at least two hours prior to sailing. If you board early, you still can do sightseeing there and look around the ship. Better be early than late, right? The ship won’t wait for you anyway.
- If you travel by plane in advance, make sure your flight arrival is 2 hours prior to Disney World Cruise boarding time. Find out when Disney Cruise’s boarding time is.
WHAT TO PACK?
1.1. Pack comfortable clothes, such as: sports wears, shorts or T-shirts. It will help a lot when you’re enjoying your getaway on Disney World Cruise.
1.2. Never ever forget your swim suit. You’ll disembark for Shore Excursion, and it definitely required a swimsuit.
1.3. Try to find out what is the dress code of dining area or special occasion. Whether it’s informal, formal or costume party, so you can decide what to bring.
1.4. A must-bring item : sandals :)
1.5. Most ships have powerful air conditioning. A sweater or sweatshirt may come in handy.
2.1. Sun glasses and sunscreen! Getting on a cruise without these things? It’s a nightmare…
2.2. Bring a camera, memory card, charger, etc
2.3. You should bring carry-on bag / fanny pack or small back-pack. Items to pack in your carry-on bag include: passport, visa, license, medications, cruise documents or airline tickets, cash, credit/debit cards, jewelry, business documents, travel and health insurance information, laptops, cell phones, cameras, binoculars, CD’s and Mp3 Players.
2.4. Bring credit cards instead of large amounts of cash. However, I’m not saying don’t bring cash. Credit card is used for purchasing big payment, whereas you could use cash money in order to buy some minor things, such as foods or merchandises, as well as to tip.
3.1. It’s suggested to use a hard-sided luggage instead of garment bags with hanger hooks protruding from the top since it may snag and do damage. Moreover, a hard-sided luggage is sturdier than garment bag in case they are accidentally dashed down.
3.2. Tag your bag with an obvious unique mark. It’s intended to avoid your bag mistaken for another luggage with similar brand. Put a card with your name and address inside your luggage as well as on the outside.
Incoming search terms:
- disney world cruise